Top 20 Quality Starting Quarterbacks for Fantasy Football in 2023 Part 1
Fantasy football enthusiasts are in for a treat in the 2023 season, as there are many talented starting quarterbacks to choose from. While some may carry more risk than others, the offseason has revealed very few quarterbacks that can be dismissed outright. In this article, we will discuss the top 20 quarterbacks for fantasy football in 2023, highlighting their strengths, potential, and the weapons they have at their disposal.
- Josh Allen: (Buffalo Bills) Josh Allen takes the top spot on our list due to his consistent performance and rushing ability, which adds an extra dimension to his fantasy value. Allen is a solid choice for any fantasy team with his safe and reliable play.
- Jalen Hurts: (Philadelphia Eagles) Coming off a fantastic season, Jalen Hurts offers tremendous rushing upside, along with the addition of DeVonta Smith and Dallas Goedert to his receiving options. Hurts is primed for another big year in fantasy football.
- Patrick Mahomes: (Kansas City Chiefs) While some may argue for Patrick Mahomes at the top, he secures the third spot on our list. Mahomes has proven that he can put up huge numbers even with lesser weapons. If his supporting cast, including emerging talents like Sky Moore and Kadarius Toney, step up, he could climb higher during the season.
- Joe Burrow: (Cincinnati Bengals) Joe Burrow may offer little rushing upside. However, Burrow is set up for a productive season with talented receivers like Tee Higgins, Ja’Marr Chase, and Tyler Boyd and a strong running game led by Joe Mixon. Expect him to challenge the 5,000-yard passing mark and throw for around 40 touchdowns.
- Lamar Jackson: (Baltimore Ravens) Lamar Jackson, known for his rushing prowess, now has multiple weapons to throw to, including Odell Beckham Jr., Rashod Bateman, and Mark Andrews. With the added passing options, Jackson’s fantasy value is boosted, making him a top choice.
- Justin Fields: Chicago Bears) Justin Fields, another dual-threat quarterback, enters his second season with more weapons to throw to, such as DJ Moore, Darnell Mooney, and Cole Kmet. After showcasing his potential last year, Fields aims to take a step forward and be a force throughout the 17-game season.
- Trevor Lawrence: (Jacksonville Jaguars) Trevor Lawrence enters an exciting offense surrounded by talented players like Travis Etienne, Calvin Ridley, and Christian Kirk. With his impressive performances last year and the added offensive weapons, Lawrence is poised for a successful fantasy campaign.
- Justin Herbert: (Los Angeles Chargers) Justin Herbert benefits from an improved supporting cast, with the likes of Austin Ekeler, Mike Williams, and Keenan Allen. In a new offense under a new head coach, Herbert has the potential for a bounce-back season and a strong fantasy showing.
- Dak Prescott: (Dallas Cowboys) Dak Prescott gains a boost with the addition of Brandin Cooks to the receiving corps. Prescott and the Cowboys’ pass-heavy offense present numerous opportunities for fantasy points, making him a valuable quarterback option.
- Deshaun Watson: (Cleveland Browns) Deshaun Watson finds himself in a Cleveland offense that has shifted towards a pass-heavy approach. With the addition of weapons like Elijah Moore and Cedric Tillman, Watson has the potential for increased passing volume and fantasy success.
End of Part 1. Come back and read the rest of our quarterback rankings with numbers 11-20 in our next blog post.
Are you looking for player labels, stickers, and draft boards for your fantasy football draft party? Commish Kit has corrugated, wall-hanging, and digital draft boards. If you want to show up at the draft party in style, you can grab some cool COMMISH apparel. Commish Kit is your smart choice for fantasy football draft boards and apparel.