Top 5 Running Backs for 2023 Fantasy Football Season
Hey there, fantasy football aficionados! Let’s break down the Top 5 running backs for the 2023 season.
- Christian McCaffrey: The consensus is that Christian McCaffrey and Austin Ekeler are the top two running backs for most fantasy football drafts. McCaffrey edges out Ekeler due to his overall performance and potential to bounce back from injury. While there were concerns about his workload last season, it’s important to consider that many of those games were blowouts, skewing the numbers. McCaffrey remains a premier talent and a worthy number-one pick.
- Austin Ekeler: Ekeler also offers a compelling case as the number one pick. His exceptional performance last year, with a staggering 127 targets, makes him incredibly valuable in PPR leagues. Additionally, the arrival of Kellen Moore as offensive coordinator for the Chargers suggests an increase in offensive tempo and scoring opportunities, further boosting Eckler’s fantasy potential.
- Bijan Robinson: One of the rookies to watch out for is Bijan Robinson. He possesses exceptional talent and versatility, making him a prime candidate for the top five running backs. With excellent mental processing, solid running between the tackles, and the ability to run routes and catch passes, Robinson offers a compelling mix of skills that can make him a fantasy star. Combine his abilities with the Atlanta Falcons’ potent rushing offense and outstanding run-blocking guard, Chris Lindstrom, and you have a recipe for success.
- Saquon Barkley: While there have been concerns about Barkley’s contract situation, it’s unlikely that he will sit out an entire season, given the limited leverage running backs have in negotiations. Barkley’s talent is undeniable, and if he stays healthy, he has the potential to be a top-tier running back. However, it’s crucial to monitor his recovery from injury and keep an eye on any contract developments.
- Josh Jacobs: Jacobs might not be a popular pick for everyone, but he deserves consideration for the top five running backs. Last season, he finished as the RB3 and has consistently produced solid numbers in Jon Gruden’s offensive system. The only concern is his contract situation, as the Raiders haven’t signed him to a long-term deal. However, if Jacobs signs the franchise tag, he can provide excellent value as a top-five running back.
So, there you have it, our top five running backs for the 2023 fantasy football season. Remember, these rankings are subjective and can vary based on personal preferences and league formats. Enjoy your fantasy football drafts and have a great season!
Are you looking for player labels, stickers, and draft boards for your fantasy football draft party? Commish Kit has corrugated, wall-hanging, and digital draft boards. If you want to show up at the draft party in style, you can grab some cool COMMISH apparel. Commish Kit is your smart choice for fantasy football draft boards and apparel.