DO NOT DRAFT These Wide Receivers In 2022 Fantasy Football!
I enjoy listening to The Fantasy Endgame on YouTube, and they were talking about six wide receivers to avoid drafting in 2022. I agree with them because the draft costs are too high, and there are some that you’ve never wanted to draft. For me, it’s always been Sammy Watkins. Unfortunately, I had two of the wide receivers on my squad last season. Terry McLaurin and Robert Woods. These guys were target monsters the year before, so I took Woods instead of Cooper Kupp, and the guy who drafted Kupp ran away with the league. So don’t get drunk at your fantasy football draft party and take one of these guys.
- D.J. Moore of the Carolina Panthers. Every year he’s stuck with terrible quarterbacks. Is it going to be Darnold, or will they trade for Baker Mayfield or draft Kenny Pickett? But he gets drafted around the third round every year, no matter how bad he is. And we’re talking fantasy bad. In the real world, 1,000 yards is good, but 4 TDS every year isn’t going to cut the mustard. He’s a WR3 at best.
- DeVante Parker says he chose to be traded to the New England Patriots. He knew his time was up in Miami as soon as the Dolphins traded for All-Pro WR Tyreek Hill. Louisville’s former 1st round pick had his best season in 2019 when he caught 72 balls for 1,202 yards and 9 TDS. His six other seasons have been lackluster. He will be just another guy in the rotation with Jakobi Meyers, Kendrick Bourne, and Nelson Agholor.
- Is Carson Wentz enough of an upgrade over Taylor Heineke to make Terry McLaurin an every-week must-start type wide receiver? Most people don’t think so, and I agree. I had Terry last year, and every week was painful just waiting for him to have a monster game. He had 1,053 receiving yards and 5 TDS. A WR that I drafted in the 16th round named Amon-Ra St. Brown put up similar numbers with 912 yards and 5 TDs
- Robert Woods got traded to the Tennessee Titans. He got by because of his effectiveness in that Rams offense, and now he’s going to the Titans, a team that is run first with Derrick Henry. I’ve drafted Bobby Tree the past two seasons, but he won’t even be on my cheat sheet list this year.
- Did Chase Claypool of the Pittsburgh Steelers get an upgrade at QB? Did he go from dead arm Ben Roethlisberger to no arm Mitch Trubisky? Last year Big Ben could not get the ball downfield on those deep throws. Even when Chase Claypool was open, it was underthrown or just not there where he could catch the ball. I don’t see how that changes with Mitch Trubisky.
- Hunter Renfrow of the Las Vegas Raiders had an excellent year with 1,038 yards and 9 TDs, but that was due to Henry Ruggs going to prison and TE Darren Waller being injured most of the year. So they acquired Davontae Adams from the Green Bay Packers, who is now the new number 1 option, and a healthy Waller will be number 2.
This article was brought to you by COMMISHKIT.COM Fantasy Football Draft Boards.
We start shipping on June 1, 2022
The Fantasy Baseball Draft Boards will be available in 2023.
By Eddie Sebastian, aka That Fantasy Football Draft Board Guy